Maybe too soon to put this, but if you think about it E3 is not that far away! And I thought we could also use this topic to keep organized E3 news and stuff.
So yeah, what would you want to see on this year's E3? Any thoughts? Are you getting excited or you're a bit skeptical after last year?
First of all, I have to point out that last year's Nintendo E3 wasn't as disappointing as some people say. It was the beginning of a new generation with Wii U. And sure, we didn't see much game announcements, not very exciting news, but in the end we saw what we, may I say, "needed": more information about the Wii U and some demos that show the capabilities of the console.
That said, I start talking about why this E3, in my opinion, will be great. Well, I'd even say has to
be great. With the recent announcement of the PS4 and probably the unveiling of the NextBox just around the corner, Nintendo can't
disappoint people. If they do, they would be a little screwed up.
And how can Nintendo make people feel excited for the Wii U? Games! Tons of games from fan-favorite franchises and new unexpected ones. Nintendo has to prove why people should buy a Wii U. Does that mean Starfox? Yes. Metroid? Yes. F-Zero? Yes.
They have to show everything they have to counterattack the other companies' strategy and announcements.
I'd like to see:
- SSB Wii U and 3DS, but not just screenshots, a prototype short video and an official name would work like a charm to create hype.
- A lot of new game announcements and more information about games already announced (like Wind Waker U).
- Mario Kart U and an approximate release date.
- Nintendo classics reborn: Metroid, Starfox, and F-Zero. We also have Retro's secret project, which could be one of these.
- Zelda 3DS announcement: name, short video (demo?).
- Maybe it's too early, but something related with the new Zelda Wii U, something like the picture they put of Fi and Link some years ago for Skyward Sword.
- More Pokemon X and Y, and a new Pokemon game for Wii U (Stadium 3!).
- Even more unexpected and shocking announcements!
That's why I think this year's E3 will be one of the best one in years. The best Nintendo show-off yet has to be now or never!